No conspiracy theories, sighting reports, expedition journals or myth busting here...(ok, maybe sometimes)
Just good old fashioned Sasquatch-icana to celebrate the big mysterious Pacific NW hominid we love!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Definitely Inspired by Bigfoot!

I've seen these around for a little while. Strange? I'll let you be the judge... I definitely am not sure how I feel about these. Birkenstock clogs or Keens have more possible street cred to the outdoor set. Stylish....They definitely are not, Are they weird? for sure...but, I am intrigued enough that I would try a pair, if the price was right. Unfortunately, I can't justify the price...anyone out there got some connections?

This seems to be just one of the many products inspired by the minimalist ultra-light outdoor DIY gear nut Mr. Ray Jardine. First the trend was packs and extraneous gear, then tents to tarps and finally footwear. The outdoor world definitely has it's own set of fads/movements like any other industry...
OG Jardine looking a bit Bigfooty
It also seems to me that these shoes are perfect for those people that want to embody the "Barefoot" movement but just can't yet make the leap....Speaking of Barefoot celebrities, Mr. Michael Franti might need a pair of these to get into that one restaurant he wants to go to if it weren't for that sign...

No comments:

Post a Comment